Joe Cole has issued a scathing response to the government for not backing Marcus Rashford’s latest campaign. The 22-year-old Manchester United star has had an incredible few days despite MPs voting against his plea for free meals to be offered to families during the October half term and Christmas break. But Rashford, who has been awarded an MBE by the Queen for his work with children in food poverty and forcing a government U-turn earlier in the summer, hasn’t backed down. Now Cole has branded the government a “disgrace” over its decision as he heaped praise on the England international.
Joe Cole said “We said it last season, early on after lockdown: what a lad, Because at that age, to have that social awareness to understand that that’s what’s needed, and it’s great seeing the people from all cities getting together and helping him. And it’s a disgrace really that the government are not backing him again. But yeah, Marcus Rashford, massive respect. I think we should all be proud of him, he’s a footballer, he’s in our industry. What a lad.”
#PLStories – Cherries Striker Christian Saydee reveals he is focussed on Shrewsbury town instead of parent club Bournemouth #AFCB
STRIKER Christian Saydee insisted he was fully focused on finding the net for loan...
#PLStories – Southampton legend Francis Benali reveals why Ralph Hasenhuttl is not sacked yet by the patient board #SaintsFC
SAINTS legend Francis Benali insisted he is “not surprised” manager Ralph Hasenhuttl remains in...
Everton defender Conor Coady has admitted that leaving Liverpool ‘wasn’t a hard decision’ despite...
#PLStories – Richarlison admits Antonio Conte call was the main reason for joining Tottenham instead of Chelsea or Arsenal #THFC
Richarlison’s transfer from Everton on July 1 was one of the biggest signs yet...
/ 5 days ago
GARY O'Neil insists summer signing Joe Rothwell is “extremely keen to get involved” having yet...