Luton Town FC
Luton Town FC is a professional football club based in Luton, Bedfordshire, England. The club has a long and rich history in English football.
Founded in 1885, it is one of the oldest football clubs in England. The team plays their home games at Kenilworth Road Stadium. Luton Town FC has played against a number of Premier League teams over the years. The team has had success in various competitions, including the Football League Cup and the Football League Trophy.
In recent years, Luton Town FC has also faced financial difficulties and relegation to lower leagues.
Luton Town FC History
- Luton Town FC was founded in 1885.
- The team played in the Football League for the first time in 1897.
- In the 1950s and 1960s, Luton Town FC experienced a period of success.
- The team won the Football League Cup in 1988.
- Luton Town FC has had many ups and downs throughout its history, including periods of financial difficulty and relegation to lower leagues.
- Football League Cup winners (1): 1987-88
- Football League Third Division (South) champions (1): 1936–37
- Football League Fourth Division champions (1): 1967–68
- Football League Trophy winners (3): 1987–88, 2008–09, 2018–19
- Conference National champions (1): 2013–14
- Southern Football League Premier Division champions (2): 1967–68, 1981–82
- Southern Football League Division One East champions (1): 2004–05
- Bedfordshire Senior Cup winners (8): 1897–98, 1899–1900, 1900–01, 1902–03, 1910–11, 1911–12, 1913–14, 1920–21
- Herts Charity Cup winners (5): 1898–99, 1901–02, 1902–03, 1903–04, 1920–21
- United Counties League champions (1): 1935–36
- In 2008, Luton Town FC was deducted 30 points for various financial irregularities.
- The team was relegated from the Football League in 2009.
- Luton Town FC went into administration in 2008.
- The team faced many financial difficulties throughout the 1990s and 2000s.
- In the 1984-85 season, Luton Town FC lost 7-0 to Norwich City in the FA Cup.
Current and Past Ownership
- Luton Town FC is currently owned by 2020 Holdings Ltd.
- The club has had a number of owners throughout its history, including David Kohler, John Gurney and the Luton Town Supporters’ Trust.
Best Moments Against Premier League Teams
- In 2019, Luton Town FC beat Wolverhampton Wanderers 3-2 in the third round of the FA Cup.
- In 2013, Luton Town FC beat Norwich City 1-0 in the fourth round of the FA Cup.
- In 1992, Luton Town FC beat Arsenal 3-2 in the League Cup